At one time I had need of a mic switch to allow me to select one of three microphones: The Sure Prologue mic (rescued from the junk drawer of a friend), my Yaesu MH-31 hand mic and a computer electret mic. In addition I wanted to be able to choose between low, medium and DX audio on the electret. Here is how that came together.
I used a computer ABC box I found at the local thrift shop for the enclosure and cut out all but the connection banks I wanted. The stubbed off wires were left for any future needs.
The panel lables are just printed card stock... using my OpenOffice Draw program... with a coat of clear lacquer as a finish.
It even includes a PTT jack...
Front panel... switches and jacks.